The BLE SensorTag (blessTags) application
Last time modified: June 14, 2019
Mainly, the blessTags application can set, communicate, use, and display information from the following SensorTags:
- Set, communicate, use, display (in graphics and numeric ways) and save the information from each sensor or from all the sensors included on a specific SensorTags from the ones presented above - the available sampling rate is [150 ms ÷ 2.55 s] for CC2451 & CC2650, [5 ms ÷ 200 ms] for Nordic Thingy:52 movement characteristic and [100 ms ÷ 20 min] for ThunderBoard React & Sense;
- Interact with a SensorTag based on a set of exciting features: the gadgets - this feature is active only in the full version of the application. The gadgets are several practical applications, as follows:
- Movement security systems - the blessTags can supervise the movements. If someone moves (even one centimeter) your luggage, door, etc., the app will warn you audio and/or visually of this … and the thief will be caught.
- Magnetic security system.
- Remote control for the PC is a module which can send different commands from a SensorTag: (a) to any application running on Windows or (b) to the operating system.
- Accelerometer mouse module allows you to replace the mouse with a SensorTag. The SensorTag can move the cursor on the screen and to replace the two mouse buttons with the buttons of the SensorTag.
- Wireless presenters for PowerPoint.
- These applications use one or more sensors from a SensorTag to achieve concrete, fully functional, and useful application (hardware + software).
- Trigger a visual or/and an audible warning or/and a data recording process if an event will be generated – e.g., if the desired value (instantaneous, mean or variance), of a specific sensor, meet a condition or a series of conditions (is lower, higher, inside or outside of a particular range). This feature is active only in the full version of the application.
- Using the activities feature, the blessTags application will execute different actions, when a specific event takes place. Actions like: run an application selected by the user, send an email or hibernate, lock, logoff, sleep, restart and shut down the device on which the blessTags is running. This feature is active only in the full version of the application.
- Interrogate different types of unknown BLE devices - to be able to obtain the complete GATT attribute table for those particular unknown BLE devices. This feature is active only in the full version of the application.
- Obtain the optimal Kalman filter parameters having as a source: (a) the MPU-9250 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) – for CC2650 SensorTag or (b) IMU-3000 (gyroscope sensor) and KXTJ9 (acceleration sensor) – in the case of CC2541 SensorTag.
- In the developer mode, the software provides to the user with lots of messages obtained from the communication process with the SensorTag - these messages enable the user to identify the communication/configuration setbacks and some other problems. This feature is active only in the full version of the application.
This application, blessTags (BLE SensorTags) application, can be downloaded from the Windows Store Apps: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9p054xsjjr1n.
The blessTags Lite application (the free version of blessTags) can be downloaded from the Windows Store Apps: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9mt2kgztfjf5.
In the following film is presented the basic features of the application - set, communicate, use, and display the information from the sensors embedded on a specific SensorTag. Other features (the working with unknown BLE device, tuning a Kalman filter, gadgets, etc.) are presented in subsequent postings and movies.
Starting with the time moment 11.28 a demonstration with the wireless presenters for PowerPoint application is presented.