The BLE SensorTag (blessTags) application
Last time modified: August 30, 2018
Mainly, the blessTags application is able to set, communicate, use and display information from the following SensorTags:
This application, blessTags (BLE SensorTag application), allows to:
- set, communicate, use, display (in graphics and numeric ways) and save the information from each sensor or from all the sensors included on a specific SensorTags from the ones presented above - the available sampling rate is [150 ms ÷ 2.55 s] for CC2451 & CC2650 and [100 ms ÷ 20 min] for ThunderBoard React & Sense;
- interact with a SensorTag based on a set of exciting features: the gadgets. The gadgets are several practical applications:
- Movement security systems - the blessTags is able to supervise the movements. If someone moves (even one centimeter) your luggage, door etc., the app will warn you audio and/or visually of this … and the thief will be caught.
- Magnetic security system.
- Remote control for the PC is a module which can send different commands from a SensorTag: (a) to any application running on Windows or (b) to the operating system.
- Accelerometer mouse module allows you to replace the mouse with a SensorTag. The SensorTag can move the cursor on the screen and to replace the two mouse buttons with the buttons of the SensorTag.
- Wireless presenters for PowerPoint.
- These applications use one or more sensors from a SensorTag to achieve a concrete, fully functional and useful application (hardware + software).
- trigger a visual or/and an audible warning or/and a data recording process if an event will be generated – e.g. if the desired value (instantaneous, mean or variance), of a specific sensor, meet a condition or a series of conditions (is lower, higher, inside or outside of a specific range);
- using the activities feature, the blessTags application will execute different actions, when a specific event will take place. Actions like: run an application selected by the user, send an email or hibernate, lock, logoff, sleep, restart and shut down the device on which the blessTags is running;
- interrogate different types of unknown BLE devices - in order to be able to obtain the complete GATT attribute table for those particular unknown BLE devices.
- obtain the optimal Kalman filter parameters having as a source: (a) the MPU-9250 Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) – for CC2650 SensorTag or (b) IMU-3000 (gyroscope sensor) and KXTJ9 (acceleration sensor) – in the case of CC2541 SensorTag.
- in the developer mode, the software provides to the user with lots of messages obtained from the communication process with the SensorTag - these messages enable the user to identify the communication/configuration setbacks and some other problems.
This application, blessTags (BLE SensorTags) application, can be downloaded from the Windows Store Apps: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9p054xsjjr1n.
The blessTags Lite application (the free version of blessTags) can be downloaded from the Windows Store Apps: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9mt2kgztfjf5.
In the following film is presented the basic features of the application - set, communicate, use and display the information from the sensors embedded on a specific SensorTag. Other features (the working with unknown BLE device, tuning a Kalman filter, gadgets etc.) are presented in subsequent postings and movies.
Starting with the time moment 11.28 a demonstration with the wireless presenters for PowerPoint application is presented.